The Pocket UT™ can operate as a conventional thickness meter (for spot readings), a basic flaw
detector – with RF display and alarm gates, or in either active B-Scan or full C-Scan data acquisition, display and analysis. It can be integrated with virtually any available single or dual-axis scanner (with standard interfaces) - manual or automated (with conventional or dry-coupled UT transducers).
The system has an easy-to-use keypad for fast entry of common commands for detailed data entry and a bright, back-lit LCD screen color data presentation user interface.
Weighing approximately 2 lbs. (.9 kg), the Pocket UT™ uses Windows-CETM operating system. All ultrasonic components are integrated together in a rugged, rubber-encased enclosure. With a serreplaceable, rechargeable battery pack, the system can also be operated via the included 90 - 240 Volt AC/DC adapter/charger.
Companion scanners include automated or manual X-Y scanners (using a variety of transducers), or a singles axis “R-Scan”. This incorporates a unique dry-coupled rolling sensor and encoders that enable full C-Scan data acquisition in a hand held scanner. The rolling sensor permits the scanner to be used without messy couplant on most surfaces encountered in an industrial or field environment. The Pocket UT™ System includes an internal ultrasonic pulser/receiver, data acquisition software, motion control hardware and software for scanning, signal capture, display, analysis, replay, transfer or storage.
The complete system also includes an integrated compact flash disk capability. All data can be directly transferred to laptop or desktop computers using the flash memory or USB port. The data can be off-loaded and further processed (if desired) in a more office type environment.
In addition to the connection to many single and dual-axis manual scanners, software is included to directly operate and control many automated dualaxis scanning systems – such as our own LSI (Large Structure Inspection) System – or other portable X-Y and Pipe Scanning Systems.
R-Scan Single Axis Scanner:
R-Scan is a single axis scanner used on highly curved surfaces such as pipes and surfaces. The R-Scan is a 4 magnetic wheeled device meant to be used on ferrous structures with the wheels assisting the unit to stay on track. A spring loaded, dry coupled, UT sensor for monitoring the thickness of a structure comes complete with a cable for directly connecting to a Pocket UT™ System. Optional nonmetal wheels are available.
- 1k pulses per second
- Operates in A-Scan, B-Scan, flaw/thickness or full C-Scan modes
- 2-axis manual or automated scanner interface
- Easy hand-held operation
- Up to 4-hour, integrated battery pack
- Shortcut keypad and LCD for data entry, analysis and review of results
- Windows CE software, familiar and easy to operate
- Optional rolling sensor provides continuous area scan rather than point readings as with other NDT devices
- C-Scan resolution up to full capability of the scanner
- Dual gates with initial or first peak synchronization
- Permanent digital record of the test results
- Compact Flash card and USB port for data transfer to laptop or desktop PC
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
Packaging: All items will be packaged with materials necessary to ensure that the equipment will be adequately protected from the shipping process.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.