The USN 60 series: Outstanding Ultrasonic Performance
The combination of the rugged USN durability, 11 hours of battery operation, fast rotary knob operation, outstanding ultrasonic performance, and the “square wave pulser” form a powerful portable ultrasonic inspection tool.
Optimized outdoor use design
The USN 60 / USN60L flaw detectors are especially designed to be used outdoors:
• Extreme temperature use (-20°C to +55°C /-4°F to 130°F)
• Easy to view in direct sunlight
• 11 hours battery operation
• Hi-resolution color LCD display produces “Analog Look and Performance” echo dynamics.
• 4 selectable vibrant display color schemes to match lighting conditions.
• Gates and gate functions are color coded for easy identification and fast adjustment
User preferred features
• Simple operation with fast rotary knob adjustments; gain is always directly accessible with the left-hand rotary knob and lockable.
• Auto CAL makes calibration fast & easy.
• 15 Hz to 6 kHz (spike mode) PRF and 15 Hz to 2 kHz (square mode) PRF (pulse repetition frequency).
• 2 independent gates monitor amplitude and soundpath distance for both flaw detection and thickness measurement applications.
• 250 KHz to 25 MHz frequency range.
• RF display mode enhances signal evaluation and bond inspection of dissimilar materials.
• 4 selectable damping settings (50, 75, 150, 500 ohms) for optimum probe performance.
• 1 mm to 28 m (0.040” to 1100”) range (in steel) covers thin to lengthy acoustically clean materials.
• dB REF key evaluates subsequent echoes gain value and amplitude against the highest echo in Gate A (reference echo) when activated.
• IF (Interface) Gate Option for automatic start of the display, Gate A, Gate B, and / or DAC / TCG for immersion testing applications.
• VGA Output Option provides an easy way to connect to a PC monitor or PC projector for viewing by large audiences or training purposes.
• RF Output Option outputs the raw RF waveform via a standard Lemo connector for further analysis.
• BEA (Backwall Echo Attenuator) Option allows independent gain control of the region under Gate B for backwall echo monitoring.
• 19” Rack Mount Model.
Wide range of applications A 6 kHz pulse repetition frequency, real-time analog and TTL outputs makes the USN 60 flaw detectors series ideal for a wide range of automated systems testing applications. The exclusive SmartView feature displays even the shortest echoes for critical scanning and rotating part inspections.
The quality, durability, dependability and ease of use that you have come to expect of Krautkramer’s popular USN Series of instruments remains. From rugged field inspections to high resolution thin measurements, long acoustically clean materials, and immersion systems, the USN 60 flaw detector family extends the range of applications that a portable instrument can perform. Furthermore the selectable 450V Square Wave Pulser satisfies a wide range of tough-to-penetrate applications, such as difficult to penetrate metallic applications and especially non-metals inspection like composite materials.
Tools for easy weld inspection
• Color Leg allows easy identification of leg and skip distances for weld inspection.
- GRID mode dynamically changes bands of display background colors for each leg.
- A-SCAN mode dynamically changes the color for each leg of the “live” A-Scan
• Weld Rating Calculation simplifies the rating of weld indications according to AWS Specification D1.1. (Formula D = A – B – C).
• Trigonometric flaw location function with curvature correction automatically calculates depth, surface distance, and sound path to flaw along with the leg of the inspection when using angle beam probes. All TOF measurements can be displayed in mm, inches or µs.
• SmartView function along with variable persistence freeze modes displays the most important information (relevant shot) for a test.
• Real time (single shot) analog and TTL outputs handle a wide range of automated systems applications.
• Choose from Four Freeze Modes: ALL, Peak Std, Compare or Envelope for optimum waveform evaluation and comparison.
• Three Variable Persistence Modes are selectable in Freeze Envelope to visually assist flaw detection & evaluation for scanning and moving part inspections.
• Compare frozen reference wave-forms to live A-Scans in different colors to easily interpret test results.
DAC / TCG Option
Multiple Curve DAC (Distance Amplitude Curve)/ TCG (Time Corrected Gain) for echo amplitude adjustment and evaluation, 40 dB dynamic range, 12 dB/µs slope, record up to 16 points, recorded points are individually editable, new points can be inserted. Display four additional curves based upon dB offset feature from originally recorded DAC curve. TCG attenuation and transfer correction features enable use on other materials and surface conditions.
Option For automatic start of the display, Gate A, Gate B, and / or DAC / TCG for immersion testing applications. DGS Option Displays a curve for a particular equivalent reflector size as a function of the distance from the probe to the reflector for 25 narrowbanded probes. The ERS (Equivalent reflector size) function automatically calculates the corresponding equivalent reflector diameter in mm or inches for any echo in the measurement gate.
BEA Backwall Echo Attenuator Option Allows independent gain control of the region under Gate B for backwall echo monitoring.
VGA Output Option Provides an easy way to connect to a PC monitor or PC projector for viewing by large audiences or training purposes.
RF Output Option Outputs the raw RF waveform via a standard Lemo #00 connector for further analysis.
HiSPD High Speed Digital Output Option Outputs amplitude or thickness values 20 times faster than RS 232 port.
Documentation and recording
• Store & preview a minimum of 200 user-named data sets with A-Scans for quick recall and instrument setup.
• UltraDOC 4 software program for bi-directional communication with a PC for easy storage of data sets with A-scan and documentation of test results.
• UltraMATE™ software program simplifies the transfer, storage, analysis, and documentation of thickness data.
• Reports with A-Scans are output directly to a variety of printers.
• Alphanumeric Thickness Datalogger for flexible, convenient storage of thickness readings in Linear, Grid, or Custom-Linear file structures with user-input filenames, location I.D.’s, notes, memo, & header fields.