The DM5E Family
The DM5E family is the latest generation of portable corrosion monitoring thickness gauges form GE Sensing & Inspection Technologies. It offers significant improvement in performance over previous corrosion thickness gauges in terms of better thickness measurement stability and repeatability at normal and elevated temperatures. It has been designed for operation in the harshest of working environments, performing wall thickness measurements on pipelines, pressure vessels and storage tanks in the oil and gas industry, as well as the petrochemical and power generation sectors.
User-Friendly Operator Interface
All versions of the DM5E have the same user-friendly operator keypad interface. This has a central Mode key, a calibration/on/off key, two function arrow keys to activate and set functional control and four arrow keys for adjusting parameter values and for navigating through the intuitive single level menu. The keypad allows access to all calibration, set-up and measurement display modes of the instrument. With the DL version, a file display mode allows users to create and store thickness reading s in files. All calibration is menu-driven and the operator is guided through every step. There is a built-in calibration reminder, which can be set to remind the user to calibrate after a specified number of measurements or after a given time period.
New Range of High Performance Probes
A new set of ultrasonic probes has been developed for the DM5E family to provide the instruments with optimized performance, even at very high temperatures. The DA5xx series complies with EN 15317 and includes a 5 MHz standard probe for general purpose applications, a 2MHz version, for high penetration as well as a 7.5MHz fingertip probe. A newly developed 5MHz high temperature probe offers an operating range from -10°C up to +204°C. (Standard probes operate to 70°C)
Thickness Measurement Under Coating
Both the DM5E and the DM5E DL offer Dual Multi Measurement. Virtually all components and structures subjected to thickness measurement will have some kind of protective coating. Such coatings, including paint, contribute significant error to thickness measurements of underlying metal walls when using conventional methods. In addition, the removal of coatings, and their subsequent reapplication, involves considerable cost and time. With the field proven Dual Multi feature there is no need to remove any protective coating. It is only necessary to select Dual Multi mode, place the probe in position and take the measurement.
A Range of Measurement Displays
• Normal: the thickness value appears as large digits in the centre of the display.
• MIN Scan: a minimum thickness scan that allows the user to run the probe over the wall surface. After the evaluation period, the minimum material thickness measured is displayed.
• MAX Scan: a maximum thickness scan is exactly the same as a MIN Scan apart from the fact that the maximum thickness measured is displayed.
• DIFF/RR%: compares the measured thickness with a user-specified nominal thickness. The dimensional difference between the two values is displayed, as is the percentage difference.
• B-Scan: displays a graphic representation of a B-Scan showing minimum thickness values. The graph is derived by measuring and recording at 1 point per second
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
Packaging: All items will be packaged with materials necessary to ensure that the equipment will be adequately protected from the shipping process.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.