• Single Frequency Eddy Current Unit
• Conductivity and Coating Thickness modes
• Finds flaws and corrosion in metal components and structures
• Output via RS232
• Trace record with parameter adjustment to optimise signal
• Independent X & Y gain adjustment
• Band Pass and Ultra filters
• Light & portable - weighs just 0.94 kg
• Similar interface to Locator 2 allowing easy cross-training
• Lithium-ion batteries typically run for up to 8 hours from a full charge
• Compatible with most existing probes
• Simple set-up procedure
• Storage of 50 setups and up to 50 traces
• Phase Plane/YT display modes
• Advanced LCD allows easy viewing in all light levels
General Crack Detection Locator 2s can be used with a wide range of probes to detect surface-breaking and sub surface cracks. Adapters are available, allowing you to use other manufacturers’ probes.
Conductivity Measurement Locator 2s can measure the conductivity of metals. This can, among other things aid in the verification of material hardness and in the identification of materials as part of a quality control system.
Coating Thickness Measurement This function can be used to measure non-conductive coatings such as paint, and is often used as a quality control measure in the surface coating industry.
Weld Inspection Locator 2s can be used with Hocking’s specially designed WeldScan probes to reliably and accurately test for cracks in welds.
Fastener Inspection Metal around fasteners, such as those found on aircrafts, must be inspected regularly to ensure their material integrity. Locator 2s, coupled with the appropriate probe, can easily and quickly carry out such inspections.
Thread Inspection Thread inspection is carried out in a range of industries, including aerospace, petrochemical, civil engineering and automotive. Locator 2s provides the ideal solution to ensure quality, safety and reliability.
Normal: 60Hz to 6 MHz (198 steps per decade adjustment)
LCD with LED backlight. Protected by hard coated acrylic window.
480 x 320 pixel resolution
115 x 78mm viewable area
Adjustable together or as independent X and Y control for ultra precise setting.
0dB to 88dB overall in 0.1dB steps
Input gain selectable 0dB or 14dB
Low and High Pass Filters
Low Pass : 3Hz to 2kHz in more than 500 steps d
High Pass : DC to 1.95kHz in more than 5000 steps
Band Pass & Ultra Filters
Refer to manufacturer for further details
Alarm options are: + and – levels, Sector and Box Gate. Flashing LED’s, internal sounder
0 to 359.9 degrees in 0.1 degree steps.
Internal Data Storage
Capacity for up to 50 traces and 50 settings. 28 character alphanumeric names, plus time and date stamps. Dynamic data may be recorded and replayed.
Conductivity and Coating Thickness Measurement
Capable of measuring electrical conductivity of materials in the range from 1 to 110% IACS
Absolute Locator (100 ohm impedance)
Absolute standard (50 ohm impedance)
Hocking Conductivity Probes
Manual or automatic.
Selection from 1.3, 8.2, 22, 47, 82 or 120 µH
Standard RS232 via 5 way Lemo
Dedicated windows software allows easy reporting and printing.
English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese.
0.94kg including batteries.
90 to 264 VAC, 47 to 440Hz
Connection Via 7 way Lemo
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
Packaging: All items will be packaged with materials necessary to ensure that the equipment will be adequately protected from the shipping process.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.