Olympus 38DL+ Ultrasonic Flaw Detector
Included with Sale
-Olympus 38DL+ Unit
-Hard Transport Case
-Lithium Ion Battery
-Charger and AC Cable
-Manual/Quick Start Guide
-Gageview Software CD
About the Unit:
The innovative 38DL PLUS instrument combines ease of use and accuracy with a durable design. Ideally suited for almost every ultrasonic thickness gaging application, this handheld gage is compatible with a full line of dual and single element transducers. The versatile 38DL PLUS thickness gage can be used in applications ranging from wall thinning measurements of internally corroded pipes with dual element probes to very precise thickness measurements of thin or multilayer materials with single element transducers.
The 38DL PLUS gage comes standard with many powerful measurement features and a range of application-specific software options. Its sealed case is designed to meet IP67 requirements to withstand the rigors of very wet or dusty environments. The color transflective VGA display provides superior readability from bright sunlight to complete darkness. It features a simple, ergonomic keypad that can be operated with the left or right hand for easy access to all functions.
One of the major applications of the 38DL PLUS® thickness gage is measuring the remaining thickness of pipes, tubes, tanks, pressure vessels, hulls, and other structures affected by corrosion or erosion. Dual element transducers are most commonly used for these applications.
• Automatic Probe Recognition for standard D79X series dual element transducers
• Ten custom dual element transducer setups
• Optimized default gain during calibration for dual element transducer
• V-Path Builder for custom V-path compensation
• Calibration doubling warning when echo doubling may occur during calibration
• THRU-COAT® technology and echo-to-echo measurements on painted and coated surfaces
• High-temperature measurements; up to 500 °C (932 °F)
• Boiler tube and internal oxide measurements (optional) with M2017 or M2091 single element transducers
• EMAT transducer (E110-SB) for no-couplant measurements of boiler tubes with external oxide/scale buildup
When using single element transducers, you can make accurate thickness measurements on metals, plastics, composites, glass, ceramics, and other materials. These transducers are available in a wide range of frequencies, diameters, and connector styles. The High Resolution software option enables you to make very precise measurements at a resolution of 0.0001 in. or 0.001 mm.
• Standard resolution of 0.01 mm (0.001 in.) for all transducers
• High Resolution software option can display measurements up to 0.001 mm (0.0001 in.) for single element transducers from 2.25 MHz to 30 MHz
• High Penetration software option for measurements on attenuating materials such as fiberglass, rubber, and thick castings
• Multilayer software option for individual thickness measurements of up to four layers simultaneously
• Thickness, velocity, or time-of-flight measurements
• Application auto-recall with default and custom setups to simplify thickness measurements
High Penetration Software Option
This option enables you to use low frequency single element transducers (as low as 0.5 MHz) to measure thick or sound attenuating materials such as rubber, fiberglass, castings, and composites.
Multilayer Software Option
This software option calculates and simultaneously displays thickness measurements of up to four individual layers. It also displays the total thickness of selected layers. Typical applications include thickness of barrier layers in plastic fuel tanks, bottle preforms, and soft contact lenses.
Detailed Images Below
Trade Ins: We offer some of the highest prices on your used test equipment. We do partial trade ins or will buy your used equipment outright. An estimated trade in value will be assessed within 24 hours of receiving a value request.
Payment terms: We accept payment prior to shipping by Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, and Paypal (up to $10.000). Businesses and Universities, please call for payment options. Please notify us of method of payment in a timely fashion after the auction has ended. If a buyer has not made any attempt to contact us 7 days after this auction's end time we will assume they are forfeiting the auction and the item will no longer be available to them.
International Buyers: We reserve the right to accept or decline international Paypal and credit cards. International shipping is available, but clearing customs will often result in delivery delays.
Shipping Terms: Buyer pays for shipping and packaging for this item. International buyers will pay for shipping charges to their country.
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
* Your phone number is required for shipping purposes, so please provide it with all correspondence.
* Please note that calculated shipping is based on UPS. We also reserve the right to ship for the same cost via FedEx or other carriers.
Packaging: All items will be packaged with materials necessary to ensure that the equipment will be adequately protected from the shipping process.
Feedback: We appreciate Positive feedback. We leave feedback as soon as we get feedback from you. If you have any problems with the sale, please try to resolve it with us before you leave us a Neutral or Negative feedback.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.
Return Policy: You can return the item for any reason within three days. We put great effort into thoroughly documenting each piece of equipment, typically with very detailed pictures and video clips. We strongly encourage you to study these images closely before you commit to purchasing the item. Please call or email us if you have any questions about anything that you are uncertain about. It is critical that you confirm that this item suites your needs within the three day return policy period. Any returns after two weeks will not be entertained, and we will automatically escalate to Ebay. If you choose to open an Ebay return case, and we are forced to accept the return, you are responsible for the following:
*Return Shipping and insurance of the item to our Store at the following address:
*A Restocking fee of 10% of the purchase price for every week (after the initial 3 day return period) that the item is in your possession, not to exceed two weeks.
There are no reviews yet.