The EPOCH XT Ultrasonic Flaw Detector is designed for great inspection flexibility and for use in extreme environments. It combines a multitude of enhanced flaw detection and measurement features, a bright multi-color LCD, versatile battery options, powerful data management, and numerous software features in a compact unit with a sealed case designed to meet IP67 requirements.
- EN 12668-1 compliant
- Tested for Explosive Atmoshpere, Vibration and Shock
- IP67. Designed to meet IP67 requirements. Sealed to withstand harsh environments
- Dynamic DAC/TVG Standard
- Dynamic DAC curves
- Custom warning levels
- Meets ASME and JIS requirements
- Advanced TVG Table allows customized TVG setups
- Multiple Battery Options - can be used with Lithium Ion, NiMH, or C-Cells
- Host USB Port for direct printing and storage to USB drives
- Client USB Port for PC communication
- "PerfectSquare™ Technology": Pulse is electronically controlled on both the leading and trailing edges to maximize transducer performance and near surface resolution.
- PRF adjustable from 10 Hz to 1 kHz in 10 Hz increments.
- All measurements are taken "single shot".
- Powerful alphanumeric datalogger
- Corrosion thickness gage file types can be set up onboard
- Simple incremental files
- Multi-color LCD display
- Lightweight - 4.7 lbs (2.1 kg)
Loaded with Practical Measurement Features
The EPOCH XT incorporates many standard measurement features including a tunable square wave pulser, selectable narrow-band and broad-band digital filters, gain range from 0 to 110 dB, peak memory and peak hold, adjustable PRF, 0.001 in. (0.01 mm) measurement resolution, and two gates with programmable alarms. In addition, the unit offers many standard and optional application-specific software features: Dynamic DAC/TVG (Distance Amplitude Correction/ Time Varied Gain), On-board DGS/AVG, AWS D1.1 & D1.5, Curved Surface Correction, and GageView Pro.
- Standard tunable Square Wave pulser with PerfectSquare™ Technology allows the operator to adjust pulse width to maximize transducer performance
- Standard digital receiver filtering-broadband, several narrow band settings, and a high-pass setting.
- Five measurement displays that are fully customizable to meet inspection needs. Select any Gate 1 or Gate 2 measurement for each display box
- Amplitude measurement resolution of 0.25% full screen height
- Amplitude measurement from 0% to 110% full screen height
- Gate measurement modes: Peak, Edge and NEW First Peak Mode for thickness measurement applications
- Measurement rate adjustable from
- 10 Hz to 1000 Hz in 10 Hz increments on live screen
- Peak Mem and Peak Hold functions in all rectified modes. Peak Hold also functions in RF mode
- New Grid Display Modes
- Standard 1-10
- Leg mode for angle beam inspection
- Selectable 100% or 110% vertical display
- Leg indicator and measurement mode indicator for each gate
- Alarm indicator for each gate
New Direct-Acess Keypad
- Logical color-coded key organization
- Direct access to important instrument set-up parameters.
- Direct entry of alphanumeric characters
- Five customizable function keys allow the operator to quickly select preset values
- Available in English, International Symbols, Japanese or Chinese
Multiple Battery Options
The EPOCH XT offers three battery options that provide long-lasting battery operating time depending on display brightness and battery selection.
- Internal, rechargeable: NiMH, Lithium ion or Alkaline C-cells
- Optional external "smart" battery charger
Built for Tough Environments
The rugged EPOCH XT is designed to meet the requirements of IP67. The instrument can withstand the rigors of field operation in harsh environments from offshore to deserts.
- Designed to meet IP67 environmental seal requirements
- Approved for Explosive Atmosphere per MIL-STD-810F, Procedure 1, NFPA 70E, Section 500, Class 1, Div. 2, Group D
- Shock tested per IEC 60068-2-27, 60g's, 6msec H.S., 3 axes, 18 total
- Vibration Tested - Sine Vibration per IEC 60068-2-6, 50-150 Hz @ .03" DA or 2g's, 20 sweep cycles
- Wide operating temperature ranges:
- Lithium Ion: -10° to 50°C (14° to 122°F)
- Nickel Metal Hydride: 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Alkaline: -10° to 50°C (14° to 122°F)
- Recharge temperature: 0 to 40°C (32° to 122°F)
- Hand strap can be mounted for left or right hand operation
- Easy-to-use rubberized Pipe Stand that can be folded in or removed
- Durable instrument-mounted D-rings for chest harness use
- Sealed battery compartment-no tools required for battery replacement
- Sealed I/O door for AC adaptor and USB connections
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.