Olympus is proud to introduce the OmniScan® SX, a flaw detector that benefits from more than 20 years of phased array experience and shares the OmniScan DNA. For improved ease of use, the OmniScan SX features a new streamlined software interface displayed on an 8.4 in. (21.3 cm) touch screen. A single-group and non-modular instrument, the OmniScan SX is easy to operate and cost-effective for less demanding applications.
The OmniScan SX comes in two models: the SX PA (selected model) and SX UT. The SX PA is a 16:64PR phased array unit, which, like the UT-only SX UT, is equipped with a conventional UT channel for pulse-echo, pitch-catch or TOFD inspection. Compared to the OmniScan MX2, the SX is 33% lighter and 50% smaller, offering an unprecedented level of portability for an OmniScan.
The OmniScan SX touch screen offers a full-screen mode option that maximizes visibility, essentially converting many menu functions into easy touch-screen operations. The intuitive interface provides smooth menu selection, zooming, gate adjustments, cursor movements, and text and value input. These, along with other premium integrated features, including easy-to-follow setup and calibration Wizards, a rapid refresh rate for both the S-scan and A-scan displays, and a fast pulse repetition frequency (PRF), make the OmniScan SX a highly efficient inspection tool.
The OmniScan SX is fully compatible with the extensive portfolio of Olympus scanners, probes and accessories, as well as with its dedicated software companions, NDT SetupBuilder and OmniPC. Combined, the complete family of software and hardware contributes to a streamlined and efficient inspection workflow, from design and setup to acquisition and analysis.
-The new OmniScan software features enhancements for greater functionality in weld and corrosion markets.
-In the effort for continuous improvement, the software interface was simplified and the response time optimized in order to provide the best experience possible for customers.
-New features include:
-New End-View with group merge
-Analysis attenuation gain
-Scrolling layouts for easy interpretation
-Improved accessibility with more interactive menus
-Optimised main menus and wizards
-Onboard compound scan
-Curved geometry ray-tracing for longitudinal welds
The Omniscan SX provides Olympus with a new and versatile tool to add to its arsenal of innovative and creative complete market solutions aimed at simplifying your workflow and improving overall productivity.
-Phased Array Weld Inspection
The OmniScan PA is at the heart of the manual and semiautomated phased array weld inspection solutions developed by Olympus for the oil and gas industry. These systems can be used for inspection in compliance with ASME, API, and other code criteria, while offering high-speed detection capabilities, and facilitating indication interpretation.
-Corrosion Mapping and Composite Inspection
Zero-degree inspection just became even more accessible with the arrival of the OmniScan SX. For corrosion or composite inspection, Olympus offers field-proven solutions for detection of anomalies or wall loss.
-TOFD Weld Inspection
TOFD is an easy and efficient approach for primary detection of weld defects. It is quick, cost-effective and capable of sizing defects present in the volume of the weld, a problematic area for manufacturing defects.
Using ultrasonic techniques, inspection of components can detect cracks, wall loss, and other damage. With the capacity for both angle and linear zero-degree beams, the OmniScan SX is a very cost-efficient solution for this type of single-group inspection.
The OmniScan Family
NDT SetupBuilder design software is an integral part of the Olympus line of automated and semiautomated ultrasonic testing products. NDT supervisors can use NDT SetupBuilder software to simulate the inspection strategy in order to determine the appropriate number of beams and angles. This configuration can be imported into the OmniScan, thereby reducing configuration time and manipulation errors.
Over the last few years Olympus has devoted considerable effort to innovating and deploying a wide range of complete market solutions aimed at meeting customers’ needs.
The OmniScan flaw detectors provide powerful inspection capabilities for manual and automated applications. They can be used with a full range of probes, scanners, and accessories, making Olympus the provider of choice for petrochemical, aerospace, and other industrial markets.
Analysis and Reporting:
OmniPC software is the most efficient and affordable option for PC-based OmniScan data analysis, and features the same analysis and reporting tools provided in the OmniScan onboard software.
TomoView 2.10 features advanced data processing, analysis and reporting tools that will allow you to get more out of your inspection data.
TomoView high-end features include:
Volumetric merging for multigroup data visualization.
C-Scan merging for combined data representation.
Signal-to-noise (SNR) analysis and optimization tools.
Advanced offline data generation tools.
- W=267 mm × H=208 mm × D=94 mm (10.5 in. × 8.2 in. × 3.7 in.)
- 3.4 kg (7.5 lb) with battery
- Storage devices
- SDHC card* or most standard USB storage devices.
- *Lexar® brand memory cards are recommended for optimized results.
- Data file size: 300 MB
- USB ports
- 2 USB ports, compliant with USB 2.0 specifications
- Audio alarm: Yes
- Video output: Video Out (SVGA)
- 2-axis encoder line (quadrature, up, down, or clock/direction)
- Digital input: 4 digital TTL inputs, 5 V
- Digital output: 3 digital outputs TTL, 5 V, 15 mA maximum per output
- Acquisition on/off switch: Yes, through configuration of a digital input
- Power output line: 5 V, 500 mA power output line (short-circuit protected)
- Pace input: 5 V TTL pace input
- Display size: 21.3 cm (8.4 in.) (diagonal)
- Resolution: 800 pixels x 600 pixels
- Brightness: 600 cd/m2
- Viewing angles: Horizontal: –80° to 80° Vertical: –60° to 80°
- Number of colors: 16 million
- Type: TFT LCD
- Battery type: Smart Li-ion battery
- Number of batteries: 1
- Battery life: Minimum 6 hours under normal operating conditions
- Operating temperature range: -10 °C to 45 °C (14 ºF to 113 ºF)
- Storage temperature range: -20 °C to 60 °C (–4 ºF to 140 ºF) with battery; -20 °C to 70 °C (–4 ºF to 158 ºF) without battery
- Relative humidity: Max. 70% RH at 45°C noncondensing
- Ingress protection rating: Designed to meet requirements of IP66
- Shockproof rating: Drop-tested according to MIL-STD-810G 516.6
Ultrasound Specifications (applies to OMNISX-1664PR)
- Connectors: 1 Phased Array connector (Olympus PA connector, 2 UT connectors (LEMO 00)
- Number of focal laws: 256
- Probe recognition: Automatic probe recognition
There are no reviews yet.