EPOCH LTC: Rugged Handheld Flaw Detector
The EPOCH LTC is a mid-level, handheld ultrasonic flaw detector in a compact 2.12 lbs (0.96 kg) vertical case. It is a full-featured instrument with EN12668-1 compliance and a wide variety of standard features as well as specialized options to meet your inspection needs.
The EPOCH LTC Digital Ultrasonic Flaw Detector offers state-of-the-art technology in a package that is compact and lightweight 2.12 lbs (0.96 kg). Based on the design of the class-leading EPOCH XT, the EPOCH LTC is a full-featured instrument with EN12668-1 compliance and a wide variety of standard features as well as specialized options to meet your inspection needs.
Ultrasonic flaw detection is widely used for locating and sizing hidden cracks, voids, disbonds, and similar discontinuities in welds, forgings, billets, axles, shafts, tanks and pressure vessels, turbines, and structural components.
The instrument features a bright multi-color transflective display with full VGA (640 x 480) resolution providing a high resolution A-scan and superior visibility in all lighting conditions, including direct sunlight. The EPOCH LTC is also designed to the requirements of IP67, assuring that the instrument will perform in the harsh environments common in the inspection field.
- IP67-sealed to assure field ruggedness
- EN12668-1 compliant
- Only 2.12 lbs (0.96 kg)
- Full color VGA display with transflective technology
- USB On-the-Go Port for PC
- Communication and direct printing
- Mini SD card storage and onboard storage with standard alphanumeric datalogger
- Standard Dynamic DAC/TVG
- Standard onboard DGS/AVG
- Digital High Dynamic Range Receiver with digital filters
- High Performance Square Wave Pulser with tuning option
Powerful Performance in a Compact Flaw Detector
The EPOCH LTC incorporates many standard features to meet your inspection needs. These include a square wave pulser, dynamic DAC/TVG, onboard DGS/AVG, selectable digital filters, gain range from 0 to 110 dB, peak memory, 0.001 in. (0.01 mm) measurement resolution, and one gate with programmable alarms. In addition, the unit offers many optional application-specific software features: AWS D1.1/1.5 weld rating, Manual PRF Control, Pulse Width Tuning, and the GageView Pro Interface Program.
- Standard Square Wave pulser with PerfectSquare™ Technology
- Digital receiver filtering: standard, broadband and high-pass setting
- Four measurement displays that are fully customizable to meet inspection needs. Select any Gate measurement for each display box.
- Amplitude measurement resolution of 0.25% full screen height
- Auto calibration for thickness, soundpath, or angular depth
- Amplitude measurement from 0% to 110% full screen height
- PRF Rate automatically controlled from 10 Hz to 500 Hz. Manual control is optional.
- Grid Display Modes
- Standard 1-10
- Leg mode for angle beam inspection
- Selectable 100% or 110% vertical display
Built For Tough Environments
The EPOCH LTC can withstand the rigors of field operation in harsh environments from offshore to deserts.
- Designed to meet IP67 environmental seal requirements
- Approved for Explosive Atmosphere per MIL-STD-810F, Procedure 1, NFPA 70E, Section 500, Class 1, Div. 2, Group D
- Shock tested per IEC 60068-2-27,
- 60 g, 6 msec H.S., 3 axes, 18 total
- Vibration Tested - Sine Vibration per
- Drop Tested - MIL-STD-810F 4.5.5 Procedure IV - Transit Drop. 48" drop onto 2" plywood surface backed by concrete. Drop on each face, edge and corner; total of 26 drops
- IEC 60068-2-6, 50-150 Hz @ .03" DA or 2 g, 20 sweep cycles
- Wide operating temperature range:
- Lithium Ion: -10° to 50°C (14° to 122°F)
- Battery storage temperature 0° to 50° C (32° to 122° F)
- Recharge temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Hand strap can be mounted for left or right hand operation
- Sealed battery compartment-no tools required for battery replacement
- Sealed I/O door for USB On-The-Go (OTG) connection, Mini SD card slot, and VGA / RS-232 port
Simplified Keypad Design
The EPOCH LTC features a simple keypad design that allows full control from left or right hand, for direct access to important functions. Rapid parameter adjustments, and recall of instrument setup (CAL) files are quick and easy.
Available in English, International Symbols, Japanese and Chinese.
Four customizable function keys allow the operator to select preset values for instrument setup parameters.
Advanced Software Features and Data Management
Standard Dynamic DAC/TVG: Calculates signal amplitude as a percentage or dB level compared to a DAC curve or a reference echo amplitude fixed with Time Varied Gain. DAC versions include ASME, ASME 3, JIS, and Custom. Contains several key features including: dynamically adjustable?DAC curves, switchable DAC & TVG views, and custom DAC warning curves.
|Weight||2.12 lbs (0.96 kg) with Li-ion Battery|
|Dimensions||8.79" H x 5.07" W x 2.17" D; 223.3 mm x 128.9 mm x 55.1 mm|
|Keypad||English, International, Japanese or Chinese|
|Languages||English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Norwegian, Swedish|
|Transducer Connections||LEMO 00|
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium Ion. Pack for AA cells standard|
|Battery Operating Time||- Lithium Ion Rechargeable Pack: 8 hours
- AA Lithium Ion Cells: 6 hours
- AA NiMH Cells: 4 hours
- AA Alkaline Cells: 3 hours
|Power Requirements||AC Mains 100-120 VAC, 200-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Environmental Ratings||IP67 Environmental Ingress Protection Rating|
|Explosive Atmosphere approved per||MIL-STD-810F, Procedure 1, NFPA 70E, Section 500, Class 1, Div. 2, Group D Shock Tested per: IEC 60068-2-27, 60 g, 6 msec H.S., 3 axes, 18 total|
|Vibration Tested||Sine Vibration per IEC 60068-2-6, 50-150 Hz @ .03" DA or 2 g, 20 sweep cycles|
|Drop Tested||MIL-STD-810F 4.5.5 Procedure IV - Transit Drop|
|Display||Color Transflective Liquid Crystal Display||60 Hz update, user-selectable color schemes and brightness, two split screen modes and one full screen mode.|
|Display Dimensions||640 Pixels (W) x 480 Pixels (H) 2.95" W (75 mm) x 2.21" H (56 mm), 3.7" (94mm) diagonal|
|Amplitude Grid Modes||100% or 110% Amplitude Display|
|Time Base Grid Modes||Standard 0 to 10 division, Soundpath Mode divides Range into 5 equal sections with grid lines, Leg Mode displays Soundpath Legs as grid lines|
|Pulser||Square Wave Pulser||Fixed width square wave pulser optimized for general flaw detection applications.|
|Pulse Width||Fixed Width in Base Instrument. Adjustable from 45 ns to 5,000 ns (0.1 MHz) with EPLTC-SWP Option|
|Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF)||Automatically controlled by the instrument software over the range of 10 Hz to 500 Hz. Manual PRF control option available (PN: EPLTC-PRF)|
|Measurement Rate||10Hz to 500Hz. Always equal to PRF rate.|
|Energy Settings||100 to 400 V in 100 V increments|
|Damping||50, 100, 200, 400 Ohm|
|Receiver||Gain||0 to 110 dB - Two user-defined gain step adjustments and presets above function keys|
|Total Instrument Bandwidth||0.2 - 26.5 MHz @ -3 dB|
|Digital Filter Settings||Standard: 0.2 - 10.0 MHz
Broadband: 2.0 - 21.5 MHz
High Pass: 8.0 - 26.5 MHz
|Rectification||Full-wave, Positive Half-wave, Negative Half-wave, RF|
|System Linearity||Horizontal: +/- 0.5% FSW|
|Resolution||0.25% FSH, Amplifier Accuracy +/- 1dB|
|Reject||0 to 80% full screen height with visual warning|
|Calibration||Automated Distance Calibration for Velocity and Zero Offset|
|Test Modes||Pulse Echo, Dual, or Through Transmission|
|Units||Millimeters, inches, or microseconds|
|Range||Base Instrument: 3.36 mm to 6,702 mm (0.132 in. to 263 in.) at 5900 m/s (0.2320 in./ms)|
|Extended Range Option||(PN: EPLTC-RANGE): 3.36 mm to 13,404 mm (0.132 in. to 527 in.) at 5900 m/x (0.2320 in./ms)|
|Velocity||0.025 to 0.6000 in/µsec (635 to 15240 m/S)|
|Zero Offset||0 to 750 µsec|
|Display Delay||-2.323" to Max Range (-59 mm to Max Range)|
|Refracted Angle||10° to 85° in 0.1° resolution|
|Measurements||Types||Thickness, Soundpath, Projection, Depth, Amplitude, Time-Of-Flight for Gate 1, Gate 2 - Gate 1|
|GATE 2 option||(PN: EPLTC-GATE2): Allows Echo-to-Echo measurements independent of Gate 2 measurements, and Gate 2 alarms.|
|Four Measurement Display Locations||User selects up to four measurements from either gate to display on the live screen.|
|Dynamic DAC/TVG Standard||ASME, ASME III, JIS, and CUSTOM DAC with up to six warning curves. Allows dynamic adjustment of curves with Gain, Dynamic range 110 dB, Slope 100 dB/usec and up to 50 points captured.|
|Amplitude Measurement||0 to 110% full screen height|
|X-Value Correction||Removes distance from Beam Index Point to front of transducer from surface distance measurement.|
|Gate 1||Measurement of Echo Height and Time-Of-Flight.|
|Gate Start||Variable over entire displayed range|
|Gate Width||Variable from Gate Start to end of displayed range|
|Gate Height||Variable from 2 to 95% full screen height|
|Alarms||Positive and Negative Thresholds; Minimum Depth|
|Zoom||Displayed Range is Gate 1 Width.
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.