• Customizable narrowband filtering
• Selectable, tunable square wave or negative spike excitation pulser
• Light, ergonomically designed (5.7 lbs / 2.6 Kg)
• Fast minimum 60 Hz display update rate
• High-power NiMH battery
• Large, bright, high-resolution ELD with full/split screen views
• Automated transducer calibration
• 400" (10,000 mm) full screen range at longitudinal velocity of steel
• Superior minimum range capability (0.038" or 1 mm full scale at longitudinal velocity of steel)
• Display Freeze holds waveform and soundpath data
• Soundpath data viewable in inches, millimeters, or microseconds
• Peak Hold and Peak Memory
• RF display mode
• Alarms, threshold positive/negative, or minimum depth
• Dual Gate with Echo-to-Echo measurements
• Security Key enables remote upgrade of software options
Ultrasonic Flaw Detector
The Panametrics-NDT™ EPOCH 4 is an advanced digital ultrasonic flaw detector that combines powerful, fully featured measurement capabilities, a comprehensive internal datalogger, and a wide range of software options to solve many demanding inspection problems.
Signal processing features include a 25 MHz bandwidth to permit testing of thinner materials, a selectable square wave pulser to optimize penetration on thick or attenuating materials, and narrowband filters to improve signal-to-noise ratio in high gain applications. The EPOCH 4 incorporates rugged packaging and a conveniently organized direct-access keypad.
A large capacity datalogger allows field storage of test data that can then be transferred to the PC via its versatile GageView PRO Interface Program.
Easy And Fast Operation
The EPOCH 4 with its robust packaging design, large display, and functional color-coded keypad provides easy and fast operation in difficult inspection environments.
Important keys such as Gain, Freeze, Save Thickness, Save Waveform, Enter, and Slewing Keys are grouped together for easy thumb control and one-handed operation of all critical parameter settings.
The five Function keys allow quick access to preset parameter values that can be customized by the operator.
The EPOCH 4's keypad is available in English or International Symbols. Display languages are keypad selectable in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, English, and a custom user defined language.
Sophisticated Alphanumeric Internal Datalogger
The EPOCH 4's sophisticated datalogger is designed for ease of use while providing a wide range of features for virtually all flaw detection and thickness gaging applications. All saved data can be organized in alphanumeric file names and identifier (ID) codes that can be scrolled and reviewed on-screen. A Memo feature permits entry of additional inspection data and the Edit feature can be used to add, delete, or clear file names and ID numbers.
Save and recall inspection data sets in any combination of 500 waveforms (or instrument setups) or 10,000 thickness readings. The expandable memory option saves any combination of up to 2,000 waveforms or 40,000 thickness readings.
Extensive Documentation and Transfer Capabilities
The optional Windows-based GageView TM Pro Interface program adds practical collection, editing, and review capabilities to the EPOCH 4. GageView Pro is a powerful tool that collects, manages, and formats stored inspection data.
GageView Pro database tracking allows setup of inspection plans with pre-loaded calibrations, IDs, and memos. Data can be printed or easily copied and pasted into word processing and spreadsheet documents for further reporting needs. GageView Pro is compatible with the EPOCH 4, EPOCH LT, EPOCH 4B, EPOCH 4 PLUS and EPOCH XT flaw detectors.
* Shipping and handling fees are not refundable under any circumstances. In the case of a return, the buyer is responsible for all shipping fees.
* Shipping for international buyers will be invoiced separately from the purchased product due to the high expense of shipping charges.
Warranty: No warranty is expressed or implied with any unit. All sales include a 3 day right of return (ROR). For any reason, within 72 hours of taking possession of the item, the buyer can return the item for a complete refund minus all shipping costs.